within silence a sense of wonder sprouts....
Dr. Weber's heart is in research methodology, Dr. Rauchwerk’s in the pedagogical practice, of authentic science education. Their partnership has begun a new dialogue around the buffer zone that exists between the field, the lab, and the learning space. EcoNet Lab is a gateway to deep pedagogical goals, new research methods to study learning and pedagogical shifts, more effective support for local ecological literacy and conservation action efforts, and a community of dialogue. Over the last year, Susan and Nicole have collaborated to develop learning opportunities where educators connect with scientists to create dynamic learning communities. EcoNet lab is a space where these exchanges can grow; where scientists learn to be better educators, and educators learn to be better scientists – all within a community of collaboration. Collaboration is at the core of Eco Net Lab philosophy, and forms the foundation for developing and implementing education and research programs and practices that build environmental awareness, ecological stewardship and conservation.
- Critical Exploration Methodology Research (video), Critical Exploration (handout)
- STEAM Beans program
- Teaching @ Infectious Diseases (collaboration with Tufts Medical School)
- Science Stories for Ethiopia Reads and Connect Education Innovators
- Cambridge Science Festival - STEM Exploration Parties for preK - grade 2 and grades 1-6.
- EcoNet Lab Speaker Series (see Happenings)
- Environmental Knowledge and Awareness Research (see Publications)